Friday 20 May 2022 02:40 AM Ian Thorpe's ex Ryan Channing overdosed on prescription medication while ... trends now
Ian Thorpe's ex-boyfriend Ryan Channing died from overdosing on prescription medication, according to Indonesian police.
The model and skincare entrepreneur died on May 8 after he collapsed inside a villa in Bali while on holiday with family.
Daily Mail Australia can reveal Channing was treated at BIMC Hospital in Kuta for an 'overdose of prescription medication'.
He was rushed to hospital on May 6 after fainting, and spent two days in the intensive care unit before he died, aged 32.
Channing's body was due to arrive back in Perth on Friday on a repatriation flight from Indonesia.
His funeral is expected to be held in Perth next week.
Ian Thorpe's ex-boyfriend Ryan Channing died two days after overdosing on prescription drugs, sources say
Channing was the first long term boyfriend of former Olympic swimming champion Thorpe after coming out as gay
His mother Joy Channing posted a family photo after hos death with the caption, 'Family'. Pictured, left to right: Ryan Channing's grandparents, Ryan, his mother Joy and father Steve, sister Charis and brother Jake
Channing's mother Joy, who was by his bedside during his final two days, issued a statement this week thanking friends for their support.
'Thank you to everyone for the overwhelming love and support you have shown to us through this tragic time in our lives,' she posted on Instagram.
'We are still in Bali but hope to be able to home (sic) soon.'
Channing's skincare line, The Blaq Group, issued a statement shortly after his death noting he battled health issues.
Channing's sister Charis said accepting his death was 'the hardest thing' her family had ever had to do.
Kuta police were not treating Channing's death as suspicious and no report had been filed - standard practice given he died in hospital.
Locals set up a memorial on a beach in