Monday 26 September 2022 05:32 PM Indiana student only one in the world to win perfect score on Calculus exam trends now
An Indiana high school student has become the only student in the world to receive a perfect score on the Advanced Placement Calculus AB exam, getting 108 out of 108 questions correct.
Felix Zhang, who attends Penn High School in Mishawaka, Indiana, scored every point possible on the AP Calculus AB exam.
He was one of 270,000 students worldwide to take the AP exam in May 2022, while he was just a sophomore student. He is now a junior student.
Zhang’s AP Calculus AB teacher at Penn High School last school year was Mrs. Denise White, who this year is teaching Zhang again in the next level AP Calculus CB class.
Mrs. White has been a teacher for 30 years and is in her fourth year of teaching AP Calculus at Penn.
Penn Junior Felix Zhang being interviewed by reporters (September 23, 2022)
Penn High School, which has approximately 3,500 students and is in the top 3.67% of Indiana’s public school districts, is shown
1. Curve C is described by the equation 0.25x2 + y2 = 9. Determine the y coordinates of the points on curve C whose tangent lines have slope equal to 1.
A) -3 sqrt(5) / 5 , 3 sqrt(5) / 5
B) - sqrt(35) / 2 , sqrt(35) / 2
C) -3 , 3
D) - sqrt(2) / 2 , sqrt(2) / 2
E) -3 sqrt(2) , 3 sqrt(2)
2. Find the solution to the differential equation dy/dx = cos(x) / y2 , where y(π/2) = 0.
A) y = (3 sin(x) - 3)
B) y = sin(x) - 1
C) y = (3 sin(x) - 3)1/3
D) y = (3 sin(x) - 3)3 E) y = (3 sin(x) - 3)-1/3
3. The set of all points (ln(t - 2) , 3t), where t is a real number greater than 2, is the graph of:
A) y = ln(x/3 - 2)
B) y = 3x
C) x = ln(y - 2)
D) y = 3(ex + 2)
E) y = ln(x)
4. Let P(x) = 2 x3 + K x + 1. Find K if the remainder of the division of P(x) by x - 2 is equal to 10.
E) K cannot be determined
5. f and g are functions such that f'(x) = g(x) and g'(x) = f(x). The second derivative of (f . g)(x) is equal to:
A) f"(x) g"(x)
B) g'(x) g(x) + f(x) f'(x)
C) 4 g(x) f(x)
D) 2 g(x) f(x)
E) g(x) f(x)
Answers: 1. A, 2. C, 3. D, 4. A, 5. C
Source: Free Math Tutorials - Advanced Placement Calculus AB Test Practice Questions with Answers
Approximately 20% of students who took the test earned a score of five in May, the largest percentage since 2016.
'It was pretty surprising because like going into the test, I