Wednesday 5 October 2022 07:03 AM The end of Prince Harry and Meghan's series? trends now

Wednesday 5 October 2022 07:03 AM The end of Prince Harry and Meghan's series? trends now
Wednesday 5 October 2022 07:03 AM The end of Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix series? trends now

Wednesday 5 October 2022 07:03 AM The end of Prince Harry and Meghan's Netflix series? trends now

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly 'at odds' with the production staff on their Netflix docuseries because the 'panicked' couple want to make 'such extensive edits' that the team believe the project could be 'shelved indefinitely',  multiple sources have told Page Six.

The Duke, 38, and Duchess, 41, of Sussex, who now live in their $14million Montecito mansion with their two children, Archie, three, and one-year-old Lilibet - are working on a documentary as part of their $100 million deal with the streaming service.

It was previously expected that the production would be aired in December, following the fifth season of The Crown on November 9, according to the publication.

However, sources claimed last week the couple now wanted to make edits to the series, which would possibly delay its release until later in 2023, as they look to 'downplay much of what they have said about King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla, and the Prince and Princess of Wales'.

And now insiders have told the publication that the couple are 'having second thoughts' on the project, with one Netflix source saying: 'Harry and Meghan are panicked about trying to tone down even the most basic language. But it’s their story, from their own mouths.'

Another said: 'They’ve made significant requests to walk back content they themselves have provided — to the extent that some Netflix staff believe, if granted, it will effectively shelve the project indefinitely.'

However the source added that the streaming platform was 'standing by the filmmakers' who want to keep the content in the project, and that it will still be 'going forward.'

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly 'at odds' with the production staff on their Netflix docuseries because the 'panicked' couple want to make 'such extensive edits' that the team believe the project could be 'shelved indefinitely', multiple sources have told Page Six

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly 'at odds' with the production staff on their Netflix docuseries because the 'panicked' couple want to make 'such extensive edits' that the team believe the project could be 'shelved indefinitely', multiple sources have told Page Six

The couple's production company, Archewell Productions, signed a reported $100million deal with the streaming giant in 2020 but there has yet to be a release (pictured, cameras filming the coule during their trip to New York last year)

The couple's production company, Archewell Productions, signed a reported $100million deal with the streaming giant in 2020 but there has yet to be a release (pictured, cameras filming the coule during their trip to New York last year) 

Last week, one Hollywood industry source said the couple were facing doubts about the series following the Queen's death.

They said: 'A lot of conversations are happening. I hear that Harry and Meghan want the series to be held until next year, they want to stall.

'I wonder if the show could even be dead in the water at this point, do Harry and Meghan just want to shelve this thing?,' they added.

A Netflix insider also claimed: ‘Netflix has been keen to have the show ready to stream for December. There’s a lot of pressure on (Netflix CEO) Ted Sarandos, who has the relationship with Harry and Meghan, to get this show finished.’ 

Prince Harry and Meghan (pictured at the Queen's funeral) reportedly want to edit their docuseries with Netflix and delay its release 'until next year' after the Queen's death, multiple sources told Page Six

Prince Harry and Meghan (pictured at the Queen's funeral) reportedly want to edit their docuseries with Netflix and delay its release 'until next year' after the Queen's death, multiple sources told Page Six

It comes after The Mail on Sunday reported that Harry has launched a last-minute bid to tone down his bombshell autobiography amid fears his final draft 'might not go down too well' in the wake of the Queen's death. 

The memoirs had been signed off ready for an expected autumn release, but the Duke – who is writing the book as part of a near £40million three-title deal – has asked to make some significant alterations.

His request may be seen as a sign that he is ready to take a more conciliatory approach to the rest of the Royal Family, but could cause problems for his publishers.

'Harry has thrown a spanner in the works,' a source said. 'He is keen for refinements in the light of the Queen's death, her funeral and his father Charles taking the throne.

'There may be things in the book which might not look so good if they come out so soon after these events. He wants sections changed now. It's not a total rewrite by any means. He desperately wants to make changes. But it might be too late.' 

Publishing sources suggested that the Duke might have limited 'wriggle room' given he was handed a seven-figure advance.

The Duke, 38, and Duchess, 41, of Sussex (pictured with Prince William and Kate in Windsor on September 10, 2022), who now live in their $14million Montecito mansion with their two children, Archie, three, and one-year-old Lilibet - are working on a documentary as part of their $100 million deal with the streaming service

The Duke, 38, and Duchess, 41, of Sussex (pictured with

read more from dailymail.....

NEXT 'That's a question for Apple': White House deflects questions about Twitter ... trends now