Latest Harry and Meghan trailer uses footage of Donald Trump's lawyer and Katie ... trends now
A new trailer for Harry and Meghan's Netflix documentary uses footage of the press filming Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen and Katie Price ahead of her sentencing for drink driving in Crawley.
Just days after an image in the first teaser was revealed to be a scrum of photographers at a Harry Potter premier and another dated from when Harry was dating Chelsy Davy, it's now emerged that parts of the second advert also aren't as they seem.
A brief clip from the latest trailer shows a group of photographers rushing towards a concrete building which is clearly identifiable as Crawly Magistrates Court - where former glamour model Ms Price appeared last December.
'I was terrified - I didn't want history to repeat itself,' Harry says as the footage is played.
Another piece of footage shows a scrum of photographers forming around a car as Meghan says - referring to the royal household - 'I realised they are never going to protect you'. It then cuts to an image of Meghan in tears.
But rather than showing the Sussexes being hounded, the footage is in fact of Mr Cohen, Trump's former personal attorney, being released from prison in 2020 after serving time for financial crimes and lying to Congress.
NETFLIX: A brief clip from the latest trailer shows a group of photographers rushing towards a concrete building as Harry says 'I was terrified, I didn't want history to repeat itself'
REALITY: The footage in fact shows former glamour model Katie Price arriving at Crawley magistrates court to be sentenced for drink driving
By Lydia Hawken for MailOnline
Prince Harry has blasted the 'pain and suffering of women marrying into the institution' in the latest trailer for his new Netflix series.
This afternoon, the streaming platform has released a second trailer for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's new series and confirmed the first episodes of the television special will debut on Thursday.
In a clip from the series, the father-of-two discusses how life within the firm can be a 'dirty game'.
As Prince Harry muses on his experience as a senior working royal, the trailer jumps to an undated clip of Princess Diana at a royal engagement where she faces the world's press.
The new Netlix trailer used video footage of the Princess of Wales (pictured in 2007) outside her home in Chelsea before marrying into the Royal Family
As the video flashes up on screen, Harry comments: 'The pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution, this feeding frenzy. No one knows the full truth. We know the full truth.'
Producers then used a split-second clip of the Princess of Wales outside her flat in Chelsea in 2007.
The future royal - who was working as an accessories buyer at fashion brand Jigsaw at the time - is seen walking along the street outside her home while being surrounded by photographers.
The then 25-year-old had been in a relationship with Prince William for seven years at the time the video footage was taken.
The incendiary Netflix series is 'an amazing act of revenge' that will 'widen the rift' with Prince William and weaken the very institution he will inherit when he becomes King, royal experts told MailOnline today after the US streaming giant released a second trailer for the Sussexes' documentary.
In a new-one minute preview, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex lash out at the 'hierarchy of the family', claim insiders 'leaked and planted' stories about them, describe royal life as a 'dirty game', then - after footage of Princess Diana and Kate being hounded by photographers - talk about 'the pain and suffering of women marrying into this institution'.
The teaser will no doubt horrify courtiers bracing for further allegations that are likely to widen the rift between the Sussexes and the Waleses.
Speaking to MailOnline, royal author Richard Fitzwilliams speculated that the effects of the Netflix docuseries will be felt for years to come. 'This is a full frontal, extremely destructive attack on the Royal Family - the institution as well as members of those households,' he said.
He said: 'I think this will widen the rift between the brothers. There is no doubt that this Netflix series is an amazing act of revenge designed to weaken the very institution that William will inherit as future King. Of course everyone will be asking how King Charles will react to this in the short-term, but the effects of this will be felt in years to come. That's the whole point.
'This is a full frontal, extremely destructive attack on the Royal Family - the institution as well as individual households and members of those households. This series I suspect will greatly weaken the royals in the eyes of the world, especially among young people.'
The late Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter called the series 'one long whinge', adding: 'I think that William and Kate will watch this trailer and think to themselves, ''oh God, here we go again''.