Mother's urgent warning after her son was stung by an Irukandji jellyfish at ... trends now
A distraught mother has recounted the terrifying moment her son was stung by the world's most deadly jellyfish during a family holiday, revealing the little boy told her he 'felt like he was going to die'.
Eight-year-old Ethan had been swimming in the shallow waters of the Exmouth Gulf, in remote north-west WA, on Monday afternoon after his family had been out on a boat with friends.
The boy's mother, Jess, said her son had approached her complaining he had been stung by something.
Jess could not see anything in the water and had initially thought the boy had been bitten by sea lice.
Eight-year-old Ethan had been swimming in the shallow waters of the Exmouth Gulf when he was stung by the world's most deadly jellyfish, the Irukandji jellyfish
The 'full-time travelling family' have been staying in the remote WA area for three months
Jess told 6PR radio Ethan seemed fine for about half an hour but when the family were in the car on their way back to their caravan, the boy became 'very distressed'.
'He had excruciating pain in his back and stomach,'