Maine gunman Robert Card threatened workers at New Hampshire bakery and told ... trends now

Maine gunman Robert Card threatened workers at New Hampshire bakery and told ... trends now
Maine gunman Robert Card threatened workers at New Hampshire bakery and told ... trends now

Maine gunman Robert Card threatened workers at New Hampshire bakery and told ... trends now

Maine gunman Robert Card threatened workers at a New Hampshire bakery and told them he would 'snap' just days before he went on to massacre 18 people. 

Six days before Card opened fire in the town of Lewiston, he had told workers at Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet that: 'Maybe you will be the ones I snap on.'

The Portland Press Herald reported that an unnamed employee told officers that Card had been delivering to the bakery for the last six months. 

The outlet reported that employees only reported the incident to police after they saw images of him on the news, when a manhunt was underway. 

Card killed 18 people and injured 13 others at a bowling alley and a bar on October 25, in the deadliest mass shooting in Maine history. 

This new development comes after the victims and their families signaled their intention to sue after officials missed red flags about Card. 

Card told workers at the Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet, seen here, that 'maybe you will be the ones I snap on'

Card told workers at the Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet, seen here, that 'maybe you will be the ones I snap on'

In total, Card killed 18 people and injured 13 others at a bowling alley and a bar on October 25, in the deadliest mass shooting in Maine history.

In total, Card killed 18 people and injured 13 others at a bowling alley and a bar on October 25, in the deadliest mass shooting in Maine history. 

It was also announced earlier this week that Governor Janet Mills and Attorney General Aaron Frey have created an independent panel to investigate the shooting. 

'As we have said, the complete facts and circumstances - including any failures or omissions - must be brought to light and known by all,' Mills and Frey said in a statement.

'The families of the victims, those who were injured, and the people of Maine and the nation deserve nothing less,' they added.

The independent panel was directed Thursday by the governor and attorney general to 'follow the facts wherever they may lead'.

Members include former judges, prosecutors and mental health professionals with attorneys also urging the families of the victims to seek legal justice.

Attorney Travis Brennan from Berman & Simmons, a Lewiston-based law firm said: 'The community of Lewiston, especially the victims and their families, have many unanswered questions. 

'Why did this happen? How did the system fail? What changes are needed to ensure this never happens again?'

The firm sent letters to at least 20 agencies, telling them to 'preserve all documents and information that may be relevant to the litigation of civil personal injury claims by victims of the Lewiston mass shootings.'

Some of the agencies include the US Army Reserve, the Sagadahoc County Sheriff's Office and Four Winds Hospital in New York.

Gov. Janet Mills (pictured) and Attorney General Aaron Frey created the panel with an executive order Thursday

Gov. Janet Mills (pictured) and Attorney General Aaron Frey created the panel with an executive order Thursday

Card killed 18 people in the massacre in what has become the deadliest mass shooting of 2023

Card killed 18 people in the massacre in what has become the deadliest mass shooting of 2023 

In the wake of the attack, text messages revealed the extent to which Maine cops were warned about mass shooter Card by his fellow servicemembers in the Army Reserves, who reported

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Liz Truss accuses government of 'finger-wagging, nannying control freakery' ... trends now
NEXT Doctors first 'dismissed' this young girl's cancer symptom before her parents ... trends now