Breaking news

Bathurst father's horror as $99 Aldi microwave explodes

A young father was horrified when his brand new $99 Aldi microwave exploded and sent shards of glass flying, narrowly missing his one-year-old daughter.

Mitchell Pritchard, 24, from Bathurst in NSW's central west, was cooking popcorn at home with his partner and young daughter last weekend.

'I put the popcorn in and picked up my daughter because she wanted to have a look,' Mr Pritchard told Yahoo 7.

'With about ten seconds to go, I put her down and just before the timer ended there was this huge bang, so I leaned forward to see what had happened.' 

A young father was horrified when his new $99 Aldi microwave blew up without warning, nearly sending shards of glass flying at his one-year-old daughter 

A young father was horrified when his new $99 Aldi microwave blew up without warning, nearly sending shards of glass flying at his one-year-old daughter 

Mitchell Pritchard, 24, from Bathurst in NSW's central west, was cooking popcorn at home with his partner and young daughter last weekend when the explosion happened

Mitchell Pritchard, 24, from Bathurst in NSW's central west, was cooking popcorn at home with his partner and young daughter last weekend when the explosion happened

To his horror, something had caused the microwave to blow up internally, forcing the door to swing open and smash into his forehead.

Mr Pritchard said that had his head not

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Sterling slide hits holidaymakers heading to Europe
NEXT One in three nurseries could shut in a year