Those barred in 's travel ban re-apply for visas

The US government will allow people barred from entering the country in the early days of President Donald 's travel ban to re-apply for visas following a legal settlement.

The agreement announced Thursday and reached in a federal court in New York says the government must contact all individuals who had been turned away at borders from 's first executive order that came into effect on January 27, and inform them they may seek re-entry.

It does not guarantee applicants will receive new visas nor does it award them compensation, but obliges the government to act in 'good faith' when processing their paperwork.

People previously banned from the US under President Trump's first travel ban can now re-apply for visas in legal victory for those barred 

People previously banned from the US under President 's first travel ban can now re-apply for visas in legal victory for those barred 

The settlement brings an end to the case Darweesh v , a nationwide class-action suit filed by two Iraqi men detained at New York's JFK airport because of the ban. They were represented by numerous rights groups including the powerful American Civil Liberties Union.

It was the first legal challenge to the original executive order, and had previously succeeded in gaining an injunction on removing anyone from the US on the basis of the ban.

'Although the government dragged its

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Model says Brett Ratner masturbated in front of her
NEXT Deputy PM forced to deny sleaze claims