Breaking news
PM’s shock parliamentary move -
Jeffrey Tambor leaves show after sexual assault claims -
Tracee Ellis Ross joined by family on red carpet of AMA's -
Ashlee Simpson and family at American Music Awards -
Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis take kids to Hawaii beach -
Terry Crews slams Russell Simmons over sex allegations -
Millions spied on by greedy top universities -
Cop says it was a known fact Roy Moore liked 'young girls' -

Dorval's $15.1 million offer for McConnell Woods not accepted

Dorval's $15.1 million offer for McConnell Woods not accepted
Dorval's $15.1 million offer for McConnell Woods not accepted

The city of Dorval will not be buying the McConnell Woods property.

Published on: September 13, 2017 | Last Updated: September 13, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

Dorval Mayor Edgar Rouleau said the city's offer to buy the McConnell Woods property was rejected. Peter Mccabe / THE GAZETTE

The city of Dorval will not be buying the McConnell Woods property.

The $15.1 million offer the city made to acquire and preserve the McConnell Woods earlier this summer was not accepted by the seller.

In a statement, the city said the “municipality received a written confirmation of the decision from the estate representative, which stipulates that the owner of this green space has decided to pursue other sale opportunities.”

“We are deeply disappointed that our offer was not accepted,” said Dorval Mayor Edgar Rouleau.

“Preserving and promoting our green spaces is a major priority for the city. Unfortunately, despite a serious bid, we were not able to get our hands on this property.

“We will now try to initiate discussions with the new owner to try and preserve as much as possible this forest of high ecological potential,” the mayor said.

The McConnell Woods, a 540,000 square foot property located at 1200 Lakeshore Dr., is evaluated at about $11 million.

[email protected]

all right reserved for Montreal Gazette

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Convicted killer sobs as victim's family cheers on verdict
NEXT Cuban foreign minister rejects US sonic attack claims