The three-year-old girl who fell into a grease pit and drowned in a horrifying accident on a family ice cream trip has been identified.
Sadie Grace Andrews, the third-youngest of six siblings, was a 'little blonde bundle of joy' with an 'infectious smile' who was outgoing and full of faith in God, her mother said on Sunday.
Sadie was playing with two of her siblings when she fell through a lid covering a six-foot deep trap for cooking grease outside of Bruster's Real Ice Cream in Auburn, Alabama on Saturday, police who reviewed video of the incident said.
'She would light up a room with her smile; she walked with a skip in her step. I've never met a more joyful child who loved God with all her heart,' grieving mother Corrie Andrews told AL.com.
Sadie is seen left standing second from the left with her five siblings and parents Corrie and Tracy Andrews. Sadie and her uncle Chad Vermillion are seen right
The family was in the outdoor area of Bruster's Real Ice Cream, where there are picnic tables, when Sadie fell through the lid of the below-ground tank in a nearby grassy area
'She taught me about being happy and loving life and loving people,' Sadie's father Tracy Andrews told the outlet.
'At 3 years old, there's no preconceived notions. To her, everybody was good. She didn't see the bad. She just loved people and it didn't matter what they did.'
Sadie's parents said that she loved riding her bike, playing outside with her siblings, and hiking with the family at nearby Chewacla State Park.
Police do not suspect foul play in Sadie's death, which occurred in the early afternoon on Saturday, according to WRBL.
The family was in the outdoor area