A coroner has confirmed yet another death from Melbourne’s thunderstorm asthma disaster, as the city prepares for a week of wild weather.
It has previously been reported nine people died after the storm in November last year, but it has been confirmed the Coroners Court is investigating 10 deaths linked to the freak event, The Age reported.
This comes ahead of a directions hearing at the Coroners Court of Victoria on Thursday.
Hope Carnevali, a lifelong sufferer of asthma, was one of thousands of people across Melbourne triggered by the rare storm last year
Omar Moujalled, 18, who had just finished his year 12 exams, was the second victim of last year's freak 'asthma thunderstorm'
Those at risk of suffering from thunderstorm asthma are being told to keep an eye on warnings this week as stormy weather is predicted for Melbourne
Families, health authorities and government agencies will be able to make submissions about the inquest's scope during the hearing.
Those at risk of suffering from thunderstorm asthma are being told to keep an eye on warnings this week as stormy weather is predicted.
The VicEmergency forecast tool is predicting thunderstorm asthma conditions right across the state, including Melbourne.
Thunderstorm asthma warnings are in place from Mallee in the north-west, across to East Gippsland in the