Breaking news

Man, 53, died at outdoor sex festival in Kent

A middle-aged man died at a woodland sex festival after taking a fatal overdose of ecstasy.

Steven Graves was found dead at Flamefest in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, where hundreds of revellers took part in erotic workshops.

An inquest into the 53-year-old's death heard he was found unresponsive at the festival site, which offered an 'adult play area' staffed by dominatrix.

Police investigating at the scene after the death at Flamefest near Tunbridge Wells in Kent

Police investigating at the scene after the death at Flamefest near Tunbridge Wells in Kent

Steven Graves was found dead at Flamefest in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Pictured, police at the scene

Steven Graves was found dead at Flamefest in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Pictured, police at the scene

The inquest heard Mr Graves, from Woking in Surrey, died of a fatal overdose of MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy.

A full inquest into his death will be scheduled for a later date.

The festival had caused uproar in the Kent town, where around 250 people paid up to £600 to attend on the weekend of August 19 and 20.

Emergency services found Mr Graves dead two days after the festival officially ended, Kent and Medway Coroners' Court heard.

It was the second year of Flamefest, where campers can 'explore pain, experience pleasure and fulfil your fantasies'. 

Around 250 revellers flocked to the event, which featured music and extreme performances as well as 'adult play areas' and an S&M dungeon.

Mr Graves, from Woking in Surrey, died of a fatal overdose of MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy 

Mr Graves, from Woking in Surrey, died of a fatal overdose of MDMA, more commonly known as ecstasy 

Only yesterday organiser Helen Smedley (pictured) praised everyone involved including stewards and 'dungeon monitors' for helping to run the 'brilliant' event

Miss Smedley was behind the event

Organiser Helen Smedley

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Man gets his head stuck in door upon safety sensor failure
NEXT Deputy PM forced to deny sleaze claims