A grandfather-of-four was electrocuted on holiday by a handrail that allegedly became 'live' in a budget hotel in Thailand.
Father-of-six Shaun Walley, 67, a tradesman from Stockport, had been visiting a friend in Thailand when he apparently touched a steel balcony handrail that was live with an electric current due to a faulty light box sign.
The hotel in Chonburi have reportedly admitted the accident on October 19 was their fault, but have informed Mr Walley's family they can't afford to help.
Now his step-daughter Ramona Brooks, 36, who is five months pregnant, is trying to raise £10,000 to cover the costs of bringing his body home so they can bury him.
Shaun Walley, 67, pictured with step-daughter Ramona Brooks, 36, was electrocuted while on holiday in Thailand
Grandfather-of-four Shaun Walley was killed after he apparently touched a steel balcony handrail that was live with an electric current due to a faulty light box sign in Chonburi
Ms Brooks, from Hazel Grove, in Greater Manchester, said: 'We are so upset and angry that no one is going to pay for it. We want justice. It's not just like it was a small accident. It cost him his life.
'It all feels like a bit of a blur. It has been very manic. I have never dealt with anything so traumatic before.
'Even though everyone is dying inside we've just had to put a stop to that. It's all been a matter of urgency. It isn't the best idea to get panicked when I'm pregnant as well.
'I couldn't tell you if I thought these past few weeks have dragged or flown by. I have been on the phone running around like a headless chicken.
'We are a really big close family. It is just crazy. We have lost people in the family before and we have all come together which is a heart-warming thing but this is different.'
Mr Walley, pictured with his granddaughter Daisy (left) and his wife Dianne, 57 (right)
Ms Brooks received a phone call from a member of staff at the hotel on Thursday October 19 to tell her about her