Teen burns his BUM in a New Year's Eve firecracker prank

A 17-year-old boy has been hospitalised with severe burns to his backside, and four more men have been injured in separate incidents all involving illegal firework explosions.

Ambulance Victoria state health commander Paul Holman said that it was 'stupid behaviour' that landed the men in hospital.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Walton said on Monday morning that the 'only downside' of the 2017/2018 New Year's Eve was the use of illegal fireworks. 

 On the first day of 2018, four men and onea

 Four men and a teenage boy are recovering from injuries from accidents with illegal fireworks

 A 17-year-old boy with severe burns to his bottom was admitted to Royal North Shore Hospital

 A 17-year-old boy with severe burns to his bottom was admitted to Royal North Shore Hospital

The Cromer Heights teen was severely burned after a 'dangerous prank' involving a firecracker went painfully wrong, according to

.

Emergency services transported him to Royal North Shore Hospital with serious injuries just after 10.30pm on Sunday night.

In another incident, a 34-year-old man was seriously injured when a firework exploded in his hand at a property in Caroline Springs west of Melbourne. 

ABC reported that the man is recovering in hospital as police continue to investigate the incident. 

Just after midnight, another man aged in his 30s was flown to hospital after a firework exploded in his face. His

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Sydney seaplane crash victims were on family holiday
NEXT Climber proposes to his girlfriend on Mount Washington