Family 'lose everything' after 'mobile phone charger' sparks inferno

A family is left with nothing after a fire tore through their home that was allegedly started by a mobile phone charger.

The family lost all their possessions after the fire broke out on the upper floor of their house in the Welsh village of Aberfan.

Alice Matthews said her sister Lana, brother-in-law Stuart, and seven-year-old nephew Cole were out of the house on Tuesday morning when the blaze started.

A family is left with nothing after a fire tore through their home that was allegedly started by a mobile phone charger

A family is left with nothing after a fire tore through their home that was allegedly started by a mobile phone charger

The family lost all their possessions after the fire broke out on the upper floor of their house in the Welsh village of Aberfan

The family lost all their possessions after the fire broke out on the upper floor of their house in the Welsh village of Aberfan

The fire that completely destroyed the house's first floor and badly water damaged the ground floor was caused by a mobile phone charger in an upstairs bedroom.

The family were told they would have to wait a year for their home in Ynysowen Fach to be rebuilt and must move into temporary accommodation in Gurnos in Merthyr Tydfil.

'My

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Greens MP Lee Rhiannon to quit parliament to make way for Australia’s first ...
NEXT R. Kelly hits back at the Time's Up campaign's call for a boycott of his music