Couple who ran sex dungeon at a nudist spa in Surrey fined £45,000

Money made from nudists at a sex dungeon in an upmarket Surrey village was the proceeds of crime, a judge declared today.

A couple who ran the private members' sex club where patrons had to always be naked apart from flip-flops, were ordered to hand over more than £45,000 as a result of continuing to operate the sleazy dungeon despite orders to close it down.

Directors of the Kestrel Hydro Spa in green-belt Stanwell Moor, Surrey, Graham Tattershall and Ann Trewren, stood in the dock at Guildford Crown Court today after losing numerous appeals against a council enforcement order which said the sex dungeon was inappropriate to the area.

Graham Tattershall, left, and Ann Trewren, right, were ordered to pay over £22,500 by Guildford Crown Court after they failed to close down their illegal sex club and spa in Surrey. The pair face further sentences at a future date for ignoring council enforcement orders

The nudist colony was run for more than 10 years and featured a swimming pool, a sauna, a sex dungeon and a rule prohibiting those present from wearing clothes, although flip-flop shoes were encouraged for the feet.

Today, Tattershall and Trewen were ordered to pay back £22,500 each and were also told they will be sentenced for their crimes of ignoring the council enforcement orders, at a future date.

Tattershall, aged 65 years, was director of the spa and 54-year-old Trewen was his business partner.

The spa ran into legal issues when Spelthorne Borough Council received complaints from neighbours about the previously domestic property being used as a sex club.

The council maintained that due to the green-belt location of the club and the lack of a licence to be used as an adult members club, all structures erected should be removed and trading should stop.

Tattershall embarked on a three year legal battle and the case was heard all the way up to the Court of Appeal in London, but in 2016 he was told he had to dismantle the outbuildings and hard-standings and stop their business venture.

However the pair continued to run the club despite being given a year to cease operations and were ordered to pay back the money they had made in this time at a hearing at Guildford Crown Court today. 

The order was made by Mr Recorder Stephen Bellamy-Chambers QC under the Proceeds of Crime Act.

Mark Watson, defending Trewen, told how she had a son

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT Father-of-two, 41, builds Boeing 737 flight simulator in his dining room for ...