A warning has been issued to pet owners not to let their pets overheat after a dog died while being taken for a walk in the summer sun.
The RSPCA has warned dog owners to pay mind to their pets in the hot temperatures following the death of the ‘fit and healthy’ five-year-old pooch in north west England.
Over the past five days, the weather has soared past the 86F (30C) mark across the UK.
The RSPCA has warned dog owners to pay mind to their pets in the hot temperatures
The RSPCA had 729 calls about animals being left in hot environments between Monday and Thursday.
RSPCA Altrincham Cheshire said: ‘This morning we were informed a local dog died of heat stroke after being taken on a walk at 9am when the temperature was 21 degrees.
‘The dog was otherwise fit and healthy.
‘Despite lots of warnings about the heat we still see dogs being walked to the shops, on the school run,