#XFactor's Scarlett Lee 'grateful to be alive’ after fire breaks out injuring ...

X Factor 2018 hopeful Scarlett Lee, 20, was rushed to hospital with an eye injury after her brother's mobile home burned down.

The singer, who is mentored by Simon Cowell, 59, was injured after burning embers flew into her eye as she helped her family escape.

Taking to her Instagram page yesterday, she spoke out about the experience, reassuring her fans she was fine.

In view of her 32,000 followers, she wrote: “So after my procedure on my eye today, I am feeling a bit better and been back to the house rehearsing for Saturday night.

Related articles
X Factor 2018: Former contestant returns to show
X Factor 2018: Simon Cowell thrown at Dermot O’Leary SWIPE

I’m grateful to be alive

Scarlett Lee

“I’m feeling positive and just want to thank god for keeping my family safe.

“They are my whole world and it’s scary to of thought what happened on Monday could have been the opposite.”

She concluded: “I’m grateful to be alive”.

According to The Sun, it took four hours for firefighters to put out the blaze, which is believed to have started due to an electrical problem.

Following the news, Scarlett uploaded a quote to her Instagram, which read: “Family is the anchor that holds us through life’s storms.”

read more.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT RT @franks_chung: House prices fall at 'fastest rate of decline we've ever ...