John Leslie breaks silence on sexual assault charge: 'I'm innocent'

Blue Peter star John Leslie was charged with sexual assault after allegedly “touching” a 30-year-old woman without her consent in 2008. Since the news broke, Leslie told Express.co.uk: “I am totally innocent of the historic allegation and will be contesting the trial.” The Metropolitan Police confirmed Leslie had been charged with “sexual touching of a woman aged 16 or over contrary to Section 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003”. They said the TV star was due to appear in court later this month, July 25.

Related articles
ITV This Morning: John Leslie shares regret with Phillip and Holly
John Leslie: Blue Peter star charged with sexual assault

"The allegation relates to an incident in Westminster in December 2008.

“The victim was aged 30 at the time,” the Met Police statement said.

Leslie was charged by postal requisition on June 5.

According to The Independent, the charge brought against Leslie alleges he “intentionally touched a woman aged 16 or over, and the touching was sexual when she did not consent and you did not reasonably believe she was consenting”.

Leslie has called for anonymity for those accused of sex offences until they are proven guilty in order to protect against the damage done to reputations following false allegations.

“I am living proof that it’s got

read more.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV “I am apparently not her cup of tea, but I think she is great … I am not a ...
NEXT Bookmarks: A picture story and the anti-performance performance mogaznewsen