Louis Walsh, 67, has reportedly been given the cold-shoulder and denied a place on the judging panel for the all-new X Factor: The Band, the latest series in the singing franchise. As Simon Cowell, 60, looks to rebrand his talent contest even further and revive the falling figures, he’s made a few new changes to the original show.
X Factor Celebrity finished on Saturday night and The Band is the next to grace our screens this weekend.
But it was announced last week that Simon and Nicole Scherzinger will be the only judges on the show, leaving Louis out in the cold.
In an exclusive interview with The Sun, Louis reportedly said he was expecting to be sat alongside his fellow panellists.
But the big time show boss had other ideas.
Despite leading Megan McKenna to victory on the celebrity version, the music mogul apparently decided to leave the Irish talent judge out of an on-screen role on the next revamp.
READ MORE: X Factor's Simon Cowell takes swipe at Louis Walsh appearance
Louis Walsh ‘snubbed by Simon Cowell’ over judging spot on X Factor: The Band (Image: GETTY)
Louis Walsh reportedly 'turned down' a mentor position on X Factor: The Band (Image: GETTY)
Show sources said the former Westlife manager was offered a backstage role advising Simon and Nicole but he “turned it down” fearing he would be at a loose end on the series.
Filming is set to start in the next few days, with four weeknight episodes airing over a single week starting on December 9.
A source told The Sun: “Louis