Prince Harry met with the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William at Sandringham on Monday, following his and Meghan Markle’s shock Instagram announcement last week. Robert Jobson first reported in the Evening Standard last week that Harry’s initial plans, sent to Prince Charles before Christmas and again early in the New Year, were rebuffed by the Prince of Wales. Charles reportedly told Harry that “he needed to come up with a thought-out plan” before anything was put before the Queen.
However, according to a royal expert, the proposals that Harry presented to Her Majesty at Sandringham were “ill-thought-out and haphazard”.
Podcast Pod Save the Queen is hosted by Ann Gripper and features Daily Mirror royal editor Russell Myers.
Mr Myers said: “I think Meghan and Harry had this scenario [in mind] where they would cherry-pick certain elements of their patronages and charities, flip between the two countries.
“But they hadn't really thought about the finances and the level of protection they’d be offered, where they’d live.
Prince Harry; Queen Elizabeth II (Image: Getty)
The Queen pictured at Sandringham last weekend (Image: Getty)
“But if you’re going to take the action, of saying ‘we’re doing it’, you should at least have what you believe to be a cast-iron plan.
“And they didn’t have it.
“It was described to me as ill-thought-out and haphazard.
“That is a pretty damning indictment of the plans that they had. They weren’t thorough at all.”
READ MORE: William 'predicted Harry and Meghan's royal exit' – advice was ignored
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in London last week (Image: Getty)
Mr Myers went on to discuss the roles of Palace aides in planning out the