PUBLISHED: 19:27, Mon, Feb 3, 2020 | UPDATED: 19:40, Mon, Feb 3, 2020
FIFA 20 Winter Upgrades - When is the ratings refresh? Release date, FUT predictions (Image: EA • GETTY)
FIFA 20 Winter Upgrades look set to launch soon, with FUT Ultimate Team players getting a ratings refresh following the January transfer window. EA has not announced when the FIFA 20 Winter Upgrades will be landing in FUT Ultimate Team but looking at previous releases gives us a good idea. Last year the Ratings Refresh went live in FIFA 19 on Friday February 15.
If EA follows that Winter Upgrades schedule with FIFA 20 then this year’s Ratings Refresh should launch on Friday February 14.
Besides ratings increases players may also see skill stats get a boost while others may benefit from getting a position change to their FIFA 20 FUT card.
As reported on in a post by Goal, one of those could be Raheem Sterling who is likely to be allocated a left-wing position in the Ratings Refresh.
In the past the Winter Upgrades have been done in batches, with Europe’s top five leagues released separately before a rest of the world update.
In case you’re wondering how the Ratings Refresh works, then here’s the FAQ for last year’s Winter Upgrades…
• Upgrades apply to new basic (not in-form) player items found in packs. Non-IF players in your Club will not receive an upgrade.
• If an upgraded player’s new OVR rating equals or surpasses his existing first in-form’s rating, his IFs will get an upgrade:
• An exception is made for lower-rated player items with significant upgrades.
• This does not apply to Ultimate Scream items.
• If an upgraded player’s new OVR rating does not equal or surpass his existing in-form’s rating, his IFs will not