Elon Musk considered for $250 MILLION advertising campaign ahead of US ...

ELON Musk was considered by the administration to take part in a controversial $250 million advertising campaign just weeks ahead of the US election, documents have revealed.

PUBLISHED: 03:25, Fri, Oct 30, 2020 | UPDATED: 03:29, Fri, Oct 30, 2020

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on PinterestCopy linkLink copied

The SpaceX and Tesla boss has previously claimed to be “independent” regarding his political stance and has not explicitly backed either the Republicans or the Democrats recently. He said in a tweet: “To be clear, I am not a conservative. Am registered independent & politically moderate.

{%=o.title%}

“Doesn’t mean I’m moderate about all issues. Humanitarian issues are extremely important to me & I don’t understand why they are not important to everyone.”

The advertising campaign has been slammed by US officials this week after documents regarding information about the campaign set-up were revealed.

The multi-million dollar advertising campaign aimed to “defeat despair and inspire hope” ahead of the upcoming US election, now just days away.

Elon MuskElon Musk has said in the past he is neither Republican nor Democrat (Image: Yasin Ozturk / Anadolu Agency / Getty)

It would have involved celebrities and other prominent public figures such as Mr Musk.

However, documents have now revealed a number of “troubling” details to do with the campaign, including that celebrities were investigated as to whether they supported same-sex marriage or not beforehand.

In addition, critics said the documents “indicate that HHS political appointees sought to use taxpayer dollars to advance a partisan political agenda and direct taxpayer money to their friends and allies.”

READ: SpaceX news: Elon Musk's firm aiming to provide internet to first residents of Mars

Coronavirus USA flagThe ad campaign aimed to "defeat despair and inspire hope" amid the coronavirus pandemic (Image: Steve Pfost / Newsday RM / Getty)

The damning comments were made by a number of committee chairs in US government including Carolyn B. Maloney, Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman.

She, along with two other committee heads wrote a letter to US health secretary Alex Azar to demand more information

read more.....

PREV Matildas veteran De Vanna reveals lockdown terror mogaznewsen
NEXT No new coronavirus cases in SA as Victorian border opens