Princess Beatrice heartbreak: Royal breaks silence on ‘hugely challenging year’

PRINCESS Beatrice has revealed a charity close to her heart has gone through a "hugely challenging year" in a recent statement.

PUBLISHED: 04:55, Tue, Nov 17, 2020 | UPDATED: 04:56, Tue, Nov 17, 2020

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on PinterestCopy linkLink copied

The royal made her comments while backing a project for the Northwood African Education Foundation, or NAEF. It recently launched a fundraising drive in the form of an art auction to be held online.

{%=o.title%}

The auction, which has so far raised £11,622 at the time of writing, is due to close at midday on December 3.

The charity has said all funds raised through the auction effort will go directly to St George’s School in Ethiopia.

Princess Beatrice said she is “proud” to be a patron of the charity which she said provides “the precious gift of education to hundreds of children”.

Princess Beatrice and Princess EugeniePrincess Beatrice (L) has helped launch a charity art auction. Eugenie (R) works with a gallery (Image: Karwai Tang / WireImage / Getty)

She added: “This has been a hugely challenging year for NAEF and all charities and I would like to thank all those artists who have generously donated their work.”

The NAEF was launched in London by a coalition of parents, children, and staff at Northwood Schools, and independent school.

It is not the first time Beatrice has spoken out about challenging times this year.

READ: Queen Elizabeth II reign: How long has Queen been on the throne? When was her coronation?

Princess Beatrice with husband Edoardo Mapelli MozziPrincess Beatrice (C), seen here with husband Mr Mapelli Mozzi (R) said it had been a "challenging year" for the charity (Image: Frank Augstein / WPA Pool / Getty)

In a video message to another organisation of which she is a patron, the princess in April spoke of “an incredibly challenging time for the world and the United Kingdom”.

The message was directed to the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity. The royal added: “Yes, they are doing things online at the moment rather than face to face, but their incredible team of specialists is

read more.....

PREV Adelaide 'not out of the woods yet' as 4000 quarantined mogaznewsen
NEXT Boris Johnson promises to save struggling football clubs with HUGE spending plan