PUBLISHED: 03:30, Tue, Jan 5, 2021 | UPDATED: 03:30, Tue, Jan 5, 2021
The Duchess of Sussex appeared on ITV’s Harry and Meghan: An African Journey in 2019 where she admitted she was “not okay” coping with life as a royal and pregnancy. Meghan thanked interviewer Tom Bradby for asking if she was ok, and said: “Thank you for asking, because not many people have asked if I’m okay, but it’s a very real thing to be going through behind the scenes."
Following the emotional interview, Kate and Sophie, the Countess of Wessex, allegedly tried to reach out to Meghan.
Rebecca English, royal correspondent, said in the Daily Mail the royals offer of support was rejected by Meghan.
She said: “I have been told that Kate — and the Countess of Wessex — both repeatedly 'reached out' to the Duchess, particularly after she voiced her unhappiness on a television documentary. But they were rebuffed."
Ms English also said Prince William was “deeply hurt” by rumours he and Kate “cold shouldered” the Sussex royal.
READ MORE: Prince William 'bothered' by Meghan Markle and Harry's secretive conduct over Archie birth
Kate Middleton news: The Duchess of Cambridge attempted to reach out to Meghan Markle after her ITV interview (Image: PA)
Kate Middleton news: Rebecca English claimed Meghan 'rebuffed' Sophie Wessex and Kate's attempts to reach out after admitting she was 'not okay; (Image: PA)
Earlier this year, Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand detailed in their biography Finding Freedom that rumours of an all out rift between Kate and Meghan were overblown.
But the authors did claim there was awkwardness between the royals, and they “didn't have much in common—other than the fact they lived at Kensington Palace”.
They added: “Meghan would agree with the assessment that the duchesses were not the best of friends.
“Their relationship hadn't progressed much since she was Harry's girlfriend."