Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘steal Kate’s spotlight again’ with new ...

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry appear to have overshadowed Kate Middleton once again as their latest announcement coincided with the Duchess' 39th birthday.

PUBLISHED: 13:15, Mon, Jan 11, 2021 | UPDATED: 19:16, Mon, Jan 11, 2021

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on PinterestCopy linkLink copied
Meghan Markle: Commentator discusses social media decision

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made headlines at the weekend when an insider claimed the couple had “no plans” to return to social media. The source said Meghan and Harry would not be using social media to promote their new Archewell Foundation and were “very unlikely” to set up accounts for themselves due to the “hate” they experienced on the online platforms. Such news is not altogether surprising, as the Duchess has been particularly vocal about how difficult she found online trolling when she was a working royal, and dubbed it “almost unsurvivable”.

{%=o.title%}

The pro-Sussex biography Finding Freedom also suggested Harry struggled with the negativity online, as “he sometimes couldn’t stop himself” from reading online comments.

The book claimed “his stomach tied in the same knot every time” he read the denigrating remarks from the public.

However, the anti-social media announcement did overshadow Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, as she was celebrating her 39th birthday on the same day this news broke.

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

Crucially, Kate had taken to the Instagram and Twitter accounts she shares with Prince William to thank her well-wishers just hours before.

On the @kensingtonroyal page, the Cambridges’ representatives posted a recent image of Kate in a face mask, and wrote: “Thank you for your kind wishes on the Duchess’ birthday.

Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan MarkleKate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle (Image: Getty)

Kate's post on social media to thank her fans for the birthday wishesKate's post on social media to thank her fans for the birthday wishes (Image: Instagram @kensingtonroyal)

“Birthdays have been very different in recent months, and our thoughts continue to be with all those working on the front line at this hugely challenging time.”

This makes the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s decision to renounce social media stand in stark contrast to the Cambridges’ enthusiastic use of the online platforms — especially as Kate and William had put up two posts for the first time since Christmas on that same day.

This is also not the first time the Sussexes appear to have encroached on Kate’s personal celebrations.

Meghan and Harry announced their decision to leave the royal frontline in a bombshell social media post last year, the day before Kate’s 38th birthday.

It’s thought that the couple were concerned that news of them moving abroad was about to hit the front pages.

They were therefore determined to make their own announcement — even if it meant eclipsing Kate’s special day.

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

William was said to be “incandescent with rage” over their sudden declaration, while Kate was pictured arriving at Kensington Palace grim-faced, despite the celebrations.

READ MORE: Sussexes shunned over claim they were ‘internationally protected'

Meghan and Harry made their 'declaration of independence' on social media more than a year agoMeghan and Harry made their 'declaration of independence' on social media more than a year ago (Image: Instagram @sussexroyal)

The 'Megxit' announcement coincided with Kate's 38th birthdayThe 'Megxit' announcement coincided with Kate's 38th

read more.....

PREV Will companies be able to fire staff or refuse service to those who refuse the ...
NEXT RT @WenleiMa: Claudia Karvan talks about her new series Bump, and the fear ...