The actor appeared on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch show to spill all about his departure from EastEnders.
In a chat with the presenters, Harry, 25, divulged his exit for the BBC soap had allowed him to explore new opportunities.
He said: “There’s obviously an essence of job security there.
“As an actor, it is such a hard thing – you want to pay the bills and you want to do the job you love. So you do have to make a choice.”
Despite the move not being his choice, Harry said it was for the best in the end to avoid being type-cast.iPhone transfer software Related articles
They kind of gave me that push, but it was one that I’m glad they did
“Obviously, I told you last time they wrote me out so they kind of gave me that push, but it was one that I’m glad they did, because now I can go out and do other stuff.
“Me and my management always had talks about it. I always did want to renew because I loved the character but it was always in the back of our heads at some point to leave, because I did want to do other stuff.
“And, as we know, in castings you do get type-cast if you’re there for too long, no matter how good you are.”
Harry has now taken to the stage as he stars in Agatha Christie’s Witness for the Prosecution as Leonard Vole.
Ben fled the Square earlier this year after becoming involved in the botched