Strictly Come Dancing's HRVY 'tests positive for COVID-19'

Strictly Come Dancing has suffered its first celebrity COVID-19 blow - with YouTuber HRVY allegedly testing positive for coronavirus.

The internet personality - real name Harvey Cantwell - is said to have contracted the virus, despite being asymptomatic, and has been sent into isolation.

He will have to remain there until October 8, according to sources, which is just four days before the celebrities are partnered up with their pro dancers.

COVID-tastrophe! Strictly Come Dancing has suffered its first celebrity COVID-19 blow - with YouTuber HRVY allegedly testing positive for coronavirus

COVID-tastrophe! Strictly Come Dancing has suffered its first celebrity COVID-19 blow - with YouTuber HRVY allegedly testing positive for coronavirus

If he is not well, he will be axed from the competition.

'This is the last thing Strictly wanted,' a source told The Sun. 'They’ve been jumping through hoops since day one to make sure everything is done safely and with as minimal risk to the cast and crew as possible.

'But with just ten days until the celebrities are introduced to their partners, this is the worst-case scenario.

'Bosses have scrapped the replacements this year so if someone falls sick, that’s it, they’re out. And with a crunched-down run, there is no room for error.'

This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series.

Earlier this week, the hit BBC One dance show was said to be in a crisis following the news with 'everyone told to leave' and the set given a 'deep clean'.

Precautions! This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series

Precautions! This follows the news that stars would potentially be undergoing daily checks for coronavirus after a former crew member tested positive days before the new series 

And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone 'virus free' with 'nothing left to chance'.

A source told The Sun: 'Nothing is being left to chance after this positive test. A lot of money has been spent on ensuring everyone on the show has access to testing.

'If required, those taking part could even undergo daily checks to make sure they remain virus free.

'The key thing for producers is knowing that if a case emerges that they can react to it to make sure it doesn’t become a massive crisis.'

The source added that the 'nightmare scenario' is a case going 'undetected' and 'spreading' throughout both cast and crew.

The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of 'stand-by' celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed.  

MailOnline has contacted Strictly Come Dancing for comment. 

It comes after the hit BBC One dance show was reportedly left in a crisis earlier this week after a former crew member tested positive for coronavirus just days before recording the new series.  

As a result 'everyone was told to leave,' according to a source, who also claimed that the set was given a powerful deep clean as show bosses await the results of a third medical test on the lighting expert. 

Better safe than sorry! And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone 'virus free' with 'nothing left to chance' (Oti Mabuse and Kelvin Fletcher pictured in 2019)

Better safe than sorry! And now it has been claimed that stars could undergo daily checks in a bid to keep everyone 'virus free' with 'nothing left to chance' (Oti Mabuse and Kelvin Fletcher pictured in 2019)

The Sun claimed that a lighting expert spent a week working on the dance contest's set.

Following his positive test result, at least five staff who were in close contact with him were sent home and told to self-isolate and await tests of their own, according to the report.

Additionally, a deep clean of the set using powerful electrostatic sprayers, was apparently ordered. 

The report also claimed that a third test on the worker is anxiously being waited for, after a second medical check on his Covid-19 status came back as 'inconclusive.'  

New rules: The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of 'stand-by' celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed (Katya Jones pictured in 2019)

New rules: The Sun has also claimed that bosses have a list of 'stand-by' celebrities for the show in case a star falls ill with relatives likely banned from rehearsals and no live studio audience allowed (Katya Jones pictured in 2019)

The publication's source also reported that panic spread quickly among the professional dancers who were due to start filming in the studios tomorrow. 

A source told The Sun that the crew member would have been in close contact with 'dozens of others' on the set of Strictly.

The insider said: 'They were hours away from starting filming for the pre-­recorded professional group dances when they got a call to say that one of the crew members had tested positive when turning up for another job.

'Everything juddered to a halt while worried bosses worked out what to do. This is the worst-case scenario for Strictly, as they've gone to extreme lengths to make the show safe up to this point.

'Starting a show then stopping mid-production is the most expensive thing that could happen, so they're praying it's not more serious than just one person potentially having it.' 

The source also insisted that filming in the studio needs to begin this week if the show is going to be

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Tom Cruise holds crisis talks with Mission Impossible 7 director after COVID ...
NEXT Steve McQueen says he battled 'institutional racism' at school