By Jabeen Waheed For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 22:45 BST, 17 October 2020 | Updated: 23:57 BST, 17 October 2020
Natalie Gauci has publicly blasted The Voice Australia after competing on the singing competition this year.
The 38-year-old, who previously won Australian Idol, told News Corp on Sunday that she believes The Voice has become soulless and commercialised, and that the program is destined for the chopping block.
'I think The Voice is on its last legs. Australian Idol was so innocent, it was all about the music,' she lamented.
'The show is on its last legs': Former Australian Idol winner Natalie Gauci, 38, (pictured) told News Corp on Sunday that she believes The Voice is destined for the chopping block
'Now it's become so commercialised, and it's all about money. The Voice has lost its soul.'
The singer, who found fame on Australian Idol in 2007, claimed she was initially unhappy with the salary Channel Nine wanted to pay her for The Voice.
After negotiating with network bosses, the mother-of-one managed to raise her paycheque by one