By Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
Published: 18:30 BST, 1 July 2019 | Updated: 18:43 BST, 1 July 2019
A nine-year-old girl is in critical condition after an illegal firework found in her home exploded in her hands, causing her to lose two fingers and leaving her covered in blood.
The dangerous blast took place on early Sunday morning in her Kensington, Pennsylvania home and was so loud the entire neighborhood could hear it.
Witnesses reported seeing smoke come from the girl's home and hearing screams.
'It was like a loud boom, it was so loud, I heard it in the back room,' neighbor Judith Sierra who lives across the street said to ABC. 'There was smoke coming out of the house. Then the neighbor was pushing the door real hard to get