'Con Queen of ' posed as Marvel VP to trick actors into sexually ...

The FBI has launched a website for victims of a sophisticated scammer dubbed the Con Queen of after a top Marvel executive was revealed to be one of the latest targets.  

Victoria Alonso, executive VP of production at Marvel, discovered in April that someone had been using her identity to engage in sexually explicit phone auditions with aspiring actors. 

Authorities believe the person responsible is the Con Queen, an elusive fraudster who has been posing as prominent executives and targeting thousands of people across four continents in an elaborate financial scam since 2013. 

On Monday morning, the FBI unveiled a website seeking to identify additional victims. 

A sophisticated scammer dubbed the 'Con Queen of Hollywood' posed as Marvel Executive Producer Victoria Alonso (above in April 2018) and tricked aspiring actors into engaging in sexually explicit phone interviews in March and April of this year

A sophisticated scammer dubbed the 'Con Queen of ' posed as Marvel Executive Producer Victoria Alonso (above in April 2018) and tricked aspiring actors into engaging in sexually explicit phone interviews in March and April of this year

According to The Reporter, the imposter began sending emails to actors from a fake account in mid-March pretending to be casting director Sarah Finn, who worked on blockbuster films Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther. 

They went on to pose as Finn's colleague, Alonso, on phone calls with victims after earning their trust.  

Among the victims was actor Brandon Wengrzynek, who received an email from the fake Finn inviting him to join a call with the fake Alonso regarding a role in an upcoming Marvel TV series.

During the call, the Con Queen tried to pressure Wengrzynek into acting out a sex scene to convince her of his talent. 

'She was absolutely convincing,' Wengrzynek told THR. 'It just blows my mind how professional the whole thing is.'

He said he played along initially but shut it down when things got too uncomfortable.   

The actor later learned he'd been duped when he contacted a friend to verify the job offer.  

Alonso became aware of the impersonator in April, just before the debut of Avengers: Endgame. 

One of the movie's stars reached out and said a stunt performer friend had gotten a call from 'Alonso' about Marvel's alleged plans to replace actor Jeremy Renner.

Alonso put that rumor to bed and thought it was over until she received a call a month later from two lawyers investigating the incident. 

'Disney never said: "We think you did this,"' Alonso told THR. 'They just said: "We need to corroborate that you didn't."'

She said the ordeal made her humiliated and angry as she was forced to provide evidence of her whereabouts and describe her hiring practices to investigators. 

'People need to understand that this is not what Marvel or I would ever do,' she said.  

'It's a horrible, horrible thing. I've had an unimpeachable 30-year career. That somebody is claiming I have done these things — I've spent many, many sleepless nights.

'I want my name to be loud and clear. This is not how we work. This is not who we are. We would never ask people to do that.

'This person is preying on people's dreams. If something happens to you, report it. If it feels wrong, it is. Walk away.'  

Alonso (above in May) expressed her anger over the ordeal, saying: 'This person is preying on people's dreams. If something happens to you, report it. If it feels wrong, it is. Walk away'

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT Jernigan Capital: 2Q Earnings Snapshot