Boy, 13, is electrocuted as he plays on his phone while it's charging

sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa Built-in - Black read more
Boy, 13, is electrocuted as he plays on his smartphone while it's plugged into a charger at a Chinese fast food restaurant The boy had been charging his Huawei phone using a third-party cable He was reportedly electrocuted while dining with a classmate in China  Doctors declared him dead after trying to revive him for over two hours His family claimed the shop's power socket was to blame for his death

By Tracy You For Mailonline

Published: 12:14 BST, 21 August 2019 | Updated: 12:16 BST, 21 August 2019

View
comments

A Chinese schoolboy has allegedly been killed after playing on his mobile phone while it was charging at a fast-food restaurant.

The 13-year-old had plugged his Huawei smartphone into a power socket using a third-party cable, his sister revealed. 

He was pronounced dead in hospital after doctors tried to revive him for more than two hours, she claimed.

The boy (in green) is seen playing on his smartphone while dining in a restaurant in China

The boy (in green) is seen playing on his smartphone while dining in a restaurant in China

Surveillance footage shows the 13-year-old's entire body jolting up and becoming totally rigid as he appeared to receive an electric shock from the smartphone in Nanchang

Surveillance footage shows the 13-year-old's entire body jolting up and becoming totally rigid as he appeared to receive an electric shock from the smartphone in Nanchang

His sister said the boy had been charging his Huawei phone (pictured) with a third-party cable

His sister said the boy had been charging his Huawei phone (pictured) with a third-party cable

The incident took place on Friday in Nanchang, the provincial capital of Jiangxi, reported Jiangxi

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT Fadi Fawaz 'is living in a shockingly dirty £49-a-night Travelodge'