By Neil Sears for the Daily Mail and Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter and Mark Duell for MailOnline
Published: 10:08 GMT, 1 January 2020 | Updated: 14:35 GMT, 1 January 2020
Diane Abbott's son was in court yesterday after being charged with a string of violent offences including allegedly beating up police, emergency workers and doctors as well as exposing himself in a hospital.
James Abbott-Thompson appeared before a judge at Thames Magistrates Court where he was accused of 11 crimes - most of them on NHS property.
He is alleged to have gone on the rampage attacking nine people including five emergency workers, two of whom were assaulted on the same day.
The 28-year-old faces nine charges of assault, a charge of of racially aggravated criminal damage and one of exposure over the past five months.
George Gross, defending, said: 'The defendant proposes to indicate not guilty pleas.'
Miss Abbott, who has been Jeremy Corbyn's Shadow Home Secretary since 2016, was not in court yesterday.
Abbott-Thompson is the only son of the Labour MP and Ghanaian architect Richard Thompson, who divorced a year after his birth following two years of marriage.
James Abbott-Thompson (left on Parliament's Thames terrace), the son of Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott, has been charged with 11 new offences after appearing in court last month charged with three others
Abbott-Thompson studied at Cambridge before getting a job at the Foreign Office
· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - August 7, 2019 - Royal Free Hospital
· Assault by beating - August 8, 2019 - Mile End Hospital - assaulted a Doctor
· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer
· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – on Middleton Road - assaulted a police officer
· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - July 26, 2019 – within the London borough of Hackney
· Exposure - October 27, 2019 - at Homerton Hospital
· Assault by beating of emergency services worker -