By Karen Ruiz For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 23:21 GMT, 12 February 2020 | Updated: 23:40 GMT, 12 February 2020
A couple who sent their baby girl to China to escape the bushfire crisis are now desperately trying to bring her home after she was left trapped amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak.
Eighteen-month-old Chloe Luo has been stuck in Hubei after her parents flew her out to stay with her grandmother in Suizhou, three hours from Wuhan, last month.
Yi Zhao and Yufei Luo, from Canberra, made the decision to send their little girl overseas in a bid to keep her safe after the city became engulfed in toxic bushfire smoke.
'I sent her alone, back to my country. I just felt like it was a good thing [to get out] of a bad environment,' her mum Yi, told 9News.
Yi Zhao (left) and Yufei Luo (right) from Canberra, flew their 18-month-old daughter Chloe to China last month, in a bid to keep her safe from the bushfires
Little Chloe now remains stranded in with grandmother in Suizhou, three hours from Wuhan, after the province was place on lockdown amid the deadly coronavirus outbreak
Days later, the Chinese province would go into lockdown amid the spread of the deadly virus, leaving hundreds of people stuck in China and unable to travel home.
The parents revealed they have spent the last few weeks worried sick over Chloe and now feel 'guilty' for sending her abroad in the first place.
'I just want to cuddle her, or kiss her,' the mum said tearfully.
Mr and Mrs Luo are now asking the government to help bring Chloe home, as she is was unable to fly back on an evacuation flight unable by herself.
Foreign travellers who have recently left or passed through mainland China are currently banned from entering our shores. Pictured are visitors arriving in Brisbane before the ban was implemented.
The tourism industry is paying a heavy price from Australia's temporary ban on Chinese travellers, which will likely be extended later this week
So far, over 300 Australians have been evacuated from the epicentre of the disease following an emergency evacuation efforts via airplane.
However, Foreign Minister Marise Payne announced on Wednesday the government was not 'considering a third flight at this time.'
Earlier this week, Health Minister Greg Hunt warned the travel ban will likely be extended as the worldwide death toll surpassed 1,000.
'We expect it will continue. We're not putting a timeframe on it,' the minister told The Australian.
Mr Hunt added the government acted on the best medical advice to implement the ban.
'Ultimately, our job … our responsibility, is to provide protection and national health security for the Australian people,' he said.
'They've been difficult decisions but made on the basis of the medical advice and we'll implement the medical advice.'sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart