Viewers hit out at employees Megan, Harry and the Obamas as they stay ...

Viewers have hit out at employees Meghan Markle, Harry and the Obamas as the two couples stay 'silent' on controversial French film Cuties.  

Thousands of people have already launched a call to boycott the streaming giant on Thursday over 'Mignonnes' - known as 'Cuties' in English - angry that its young stars were portrayed in a sexualized way.

The film is directed by French-Senegalese director Maimouna Doucoure, and started streaming September 9. More than 200,000 tweets with the hashtag '#CancelNetflix' became the top trending topic one day later.

Harry and Meghan signed a deal thought to be worth $150 million with the network earlier this year. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have never produced a TV show, will make documentaries, films, scripted and kids’ programs. 

Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama announced in 2018 they had entered a multi-year producing partnership with the online streaming service.  

Neither couple has spoken about the controversial movie as of Sunday. And that has sparked criticism online.    

Twitter user @AngelaLMorabito said: 'The Obamas and Prince Harry & Meghan have contracts with . If they really want to use their influence for good, they’ll tell to drop “Cuties.”' 

@DTCahill added: 'Silence from @ employees Michelle, Barack, Megan [sic] and Harry on Cuties.' 

Thousands of people have already launched a call to boycott the streaming giant on Thursday over 'Mignonnes' - known as 'Cuties' in English - angry that its young stars were portrayed in a sexualized way

Thousands of people have already launched a call to boycott the streaming giant on Thursday over 'Mignonnes' - known as 'Cuties' in English - angry that its young stars were portrayed in a sexualized way

Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama announced in 2018 they had entered a multi-year producing partnership with the online streaming service

Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama announced in 2018 they had entered a multi-year producing partnership with the online streaming service

Harry and Meghan signed a deal thought to be worth $150 million with the network earlier this year. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have never produced a TV show, will make documentaries, films, scripted and kids¿ programs

Harry and Meghan signed a deal thought to be worth $150 million with the network earlier this year. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who have never produced a TV show, will make documentaries, films, scripted and kids’ programs

Neither couple has spoken about the controversial movie as of Sunday

Neither couple has spoken about the controversial movie as of Sunday

Last month former Suits actress Meghan told voters: 'If we aren't part of the solution, we are part of the problem.

'If you aren't going out there and voting you are complicit. If you are complacent, you are complicit.'  

Reacting to her silence on Cuties @WhisperOfSpirit said: 'Meghan & Harry have yet to speak against ’s streaming of Cuties. To quote them: “If you’re complacent, you’re complicit.” 

'If dish-soap was enough to irk Meghan, then why hasn’t this?! Come on Meghan & Harry; it’s time to “unlock action and inspire hope” We’re waiting...'

@spotterdotter added: 'One would expect Harry and Meghan having done their research before signing a deal with , the company who produced and aired the film “Cuties” - which is basically child pornography. 

'But it seems to be all about the money with these 2. Where is Markle the feminist? Gone?'     

@1ramona7 said: 'Susan Rice, Obama's, Harry & Megan....Getting cosy at but why no comment at all on #Cuties. Would have thought you'd feel the need to say something guys, you like to speak out so much when it suits.' 

Neither couple has spoken about the controversial movie as of Sunday. And that has sparked criticism online

Neither couple has spoken about the controversial movie as of Sunday. And that has sparked criticism online

The film is directed by French-Senegalese director Maimouna Doucoure, and started streaming September 9

The film is directed by French-Senegalese director Maimouna Doucoure, and started streaming September 9

A first wave of criticism against the movie, in August, led to withdraw 'inappropriate' artwork used to promote the film, which was released in theaters that month in France.

also said it apologized for having used 'inappropriate' images.

But on Thursday, broader opposition to some of the imagery came from across the political spectrum in the United States.

DeAnna Lorraine, a former Republican candidate for Congress from California, tweeted that 'Child pornography is illegal in America.'

'As the mother of an 8-year old girl, I STRONGLY support #CancelNetflix,' added Beatrice Cardenas, another California Republican.

Senator Ted Cruz has penned a letter to the Department of Justice demanding a child porn probe into the film.  

The movie, which received a director's award at the prestigious Sundance Film Festival, tells the story of Amy, an 11-year-old Parisian, who must juggle the strict rules of her Senegalese family and social media's emphasis on appearance.

She joins a dance group formed by three other girls from her neighborhood, whose choreographies are sometimes suggestive.

'The hypersexualization of girls (and boys) is disgusting,' tweeted Omar Navarro, another Republican politician. 'It is morally and ethically reprehensible. Pedophiles, child rapists and perverts would have a great time with #Cuties.' 

Senator Ted Cruz has penned a letter to the Department of Justice demanding a child porn probe into Netflix's 'Cuties' (pictured), as outrage continues to mount over the French film accused of sexualizing young girls and encouraging pedophilia

Senator Ted Cruz has penned a letter to the Department of Justice demanding a child porn probe into 's 'Cuties' (pictured), as outrage continues to mount over the French film accused of sexualizing young girls and encouraging pedophilia

Furious viewers continue to mount a cancel Netflix campaign as the controversial French film 'Cuties' hit the streaming service on Wednesday amid claims it supports child abuse

Furious viewers continue to mount a cancel campaign as the controversial French film 'Cuties' hit the streaming service on Wednesday amid claims it supports child abuse

Members of Congress are demanding action be taken against Netflix including a possible investigation by the Department of Justice after the film Cuties has sparked outrage for showing children dressed provocatively and twerking on camera

Members of Congress are demanding action be taken against including a possible investigation by the Department of Justice after the film Cuties has sparked outrage for showing children dressed provocatively and twerking on camera

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Victoria records just 28 cases of coronavirus overnight and three deaths
NEXT Four Navy aircrew parachute to safety moments before E-2C Hawkeye plane crashes ...