Steve Scully re-emerges on Twitter after accused him of 'losing ...

The C-SPAN host who was tapped to moderate the now-cancelled second presidential debate has broken his silence after President said he had ‘lost all credibility’ over claims his Twitter account was hacked when he reached out to a nemesis, Anthony Scaramucci.

Steve Scully, the cable network’s political editor and host of the call-in program Washington Journal, posted a statement to Twitter on Friday wishing Kristen Welker of NBC News luck in moderating the third scheduled debate.

‘I want to thank the CPD [Commission on Presidential Debates] for the honor of moderating next Thursday’s now cancelled #Presidentialdebate2020 town hall meeting in Miami.’

Scully’s tweet continued: ‘And I want to wish @KristenWelkerNBC the very best of luck on October 22nd.

Steve Scully (above) resurfaced on Twitter on Friday after he was accused by President Trump of 'losing all credibility' over claims his account was hacked when he sent a message to Trump nemesis Anthony Scaramucci

President Trump is seen above

Steve Scully (left) resurfaced on Twitter on Friday after he was accused by President (right) of 'losing all credibility' over claims his account was hacked when he sent a message to nemesis Anthony Scaramucci

Scully, the political editor of C-SPAN and host of the call-in program Washington Journal, posted a statement to Twitter on Friday wishing Kristen Welker of NBC News luck in moderating the third scheduled debate.

Scully, the political editor of C-SPAN and host of the call-in program Washington Journal, posted a statement to Twitter on Friday wishing Kristen Welker of NBC News luck in moderating the third scheduled debate.

The president on Friday tweeted: '[Scully], the Never Trumper next debate moderator, got caught cold. Pulled out the old, “I’ve been hacked”, line. That never works. His bosses are furious at him as he’s lost all credibility!'

The president on Friday tweeted: '[Scully], the Never Trumper next debate moderator, got caught cold. Pulled out the old, “I’ve been hacked”, line. That never works. His bosses are furious at him as he’s lost all credibility!'

‘Debates are a vital part of America’s democracy.’

Scully has come under fire from and his supporters after he claimed his Twitter account was hacked when a message was sent to Scaramucci, the former White House communications director-turned-critic of the president.

The tweet, which appeared Thursday on Scully's Twitter account, read: '@Scaramucci should I respond to ,' according to a screenshot of the since-deleted tweet.

Earlier on Thursday evening, told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he thought Scully was a 'never Trumper' who had worked for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden at one point. 

Scully served as an intern for then-Senator Biden for a month in 1978. Prior to joining C-SPAN, he also worked as a staffer for the late Senator Edward Kennedy, the Democrat from Massachusetts.

Steve Scully's Twitter account reached out to a real 'Never Trumper,' former White House communications director turned Trump critic Anthony Scaramucci, who is working to elect Joe Biden as president. Scaramucci is seen above at the White House on July 21, 2017

Steve Scully's Twitter account reached out to a real 'Never Trumper,' former White House communications director turned critic Anthony Scaramucci, who is working to elect Joe Biden as president. Scaramucci is seen above at the White House on July 21, 2017 

This tweet came out during the 9pm hour after Trump ripped into Scully calling him a 'Never Trumper.' Scully was supposed to moderate the second presidential debate

This tweet came out during the 9pm hour after ripped into Scully calling him a 'Never Trumper.' Scully was supposed to moderate the second presidential debate 

Scaramucci, who became a detractor after serving briefly as his communications director, reportedly replied in part to Scully's twitter account, 'Ignore. He is having a hard enough time.' 

The tweet angered critics who believed that Scully intended to send the message to Scaramucci privately. Instead, he posted it for all to see.

Scully's employer, C-SPAN, came to his defense on Friday. 

'Steve Scully did not originate the tweet and believes his account has been hacked,' C-SPAN said in a statement Friday. 

'The Commission on Presidential Debates has stated publicly that the tweet was not sent by Scully himself and is investigating with the help of authorities. 

'When additional information is available, we will release it.'

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Woman jailed for shooting her rapist dead after he threatened to kill her
NEXT Troubled girl, 16, takes her own life on school grounds