Former Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has slammed Premier Dan Andrews for his controversial decision to prolong Melbourne's lockdown.
Mr Andrews refused to ease lockdown restrictions as planned on Sunday following a cluster of seven new cases in Melbourne's north.
He described it as a 'cautious pause' to rule out there is not widespread community transmission linked to the cluster.
The premier had previously promised to scrap the four reasons for leaving home and the 25 kilometre travel limit from November 1.
Up until a few weeks ago Ms Mikakos was a fierce supporter of Mr Andrews, but she took the fall for the government's hotel quarantine disaster that sparked the second wave in Victoria.
Now free to say what she wants, Ms Mikakos took to Twitter to hit out at Mr Andrews.
'Vic[toria] has met the under 5 threshold which some thought was unachievable. This was a very cautious target,' she tweeted.
Former Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has taken aim at Premier Daniel Andrews for prolonging Melbourne's lockdown
Ms Mikakoks took to Twitter to slam Mr Andrews on Sunday as he was grilled over his backflip in a press conference
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews made the crushing announcement on Sunday as the state awaits results of at least 1000 tests from the northern metropolitan outbreak
'6/7 of new cases are related to a known outbreak so the risk is manageable. The set reopening is gradual & safe so any delay is unnecessary. It's paralysis in decision-making.'
Ms Mikakos resigned from parliament last month - one day after the embattled premier pointed the finger at her over the state's quarantine hotel blunder that led to the second wave.
She told the hearing that 'to the best of my recollection' she did not know private guards were enforcing the scheme until late May when the Rydges hotel suffered a coronavirus outbreak.
But a video of a press conference on 29 March - two days after the quarantine scheme was announced - shows Ms Mikakos standing alongside jobs minister Martin Pakula as he said: 'Passengers returning will now undergo mandatory two-week quarantine at those Melbourne hotels with security guards in place.'
In a written statement to the inquiry, Ms Mikakos wrote: 'I believe I first became aware of the use of private security guards... after the Rydges outbreak occurred in late May 2020.'
Speaking at the inquiry last month she added: 'That's to the best of my recollection… because I would have had no reason to turn my mind to issues around security guards until we had that first case and the first outbreak at the Rydges hotel.'
Opposition MPs accused Ms Mikakos of fabricating, including the controversy loving shadow housing minister Tim Smith who said she 'is a liar and must go'.
In her response to closing submissions, Ms Mikakos said Mr Andrews' evidence about private security should be 'treated with caution'.
She said it was 'implausible' to suggest no one made the decision to use private security guards in the botched program.
Ms Mikakos took a swipe at Mr Andrews following her September 26 resignation.
'I have never wanted to leave the job unfinished but in light of the Premier's statement to the Board of the inquiry and the fact that there are elements in it that I strongly disagree with, I believe that I cannot continue to serve in his Cabinet,' she said in a statement.
Victorian premier Daniel Andrews could walk back on his promise to lift more lockdowns next weekend over fears of a COVID-19 cluster in north Melbourne
'I am disappointed that my integrity has sought to be undermined.'
The $6 million inquiry, being led by retired judge Jennifer Coate, will hand down its findings on November 6.
Mr Andrews on Sunday told Melburnians his decision to delay reopening the city is 'not a set back'.
'This is not a set back this is simply waiting and being led by the data. We have been careful and cautious,' he told reporters. 'This is a pause, nothing more than that.'
'We had hoped today to be able to announce that metropolitan Melbourne would take significant steps, not from today but from midweek, around retail, hospitality and a whole range of other, important next steps.
'We are not in a position to do that today because we have at least 1000 test results from that northern metropolitan outbreak that are in the labs.
'We are not, for the sake of being popular, going to ignore the fact that we asked people to be tested for good reason for they have done that and we do not have the results yet.'
The premier acknowledged continuing lockdown is 'frustrating' for Melburnians.
Mr Andrews had previously promised to scrap the four reasons for leaving home and the 25