By Crystal Jones For Mailonline
Published: 17:25 BST, 4 May 2021 | Updated: 17:25 BST, 4 May 2021
Pret A Manger has been found not guilty of misinforming a student who suffered an anaphylactic shock after eating a wrap.
Isobel Colnaghi was rushed to hospital in an ambulance after being misinformed by a staff member of the ingredients of a chickpea and mango chutney sandwich.Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
Her body went into shock after she took just a few bites of the sandwich purchased in a store in Bath, Somerset on November 26 2017.
The jury at Bristol Crown Court was told Ms Colnaghi checked the packaging before asking an employee whether the item contained sesame.
Student Isobel Colnaghi suffered an anaphylactic shock after being incorrectly informed by a Pret employee at the Bath SouthGate Shopping Centre branch
The staff member, Roberto Rodriguez, is alleged to have looked at a label on the fridge where Ms Colnaghi had picked up the sandwich and told her that it did not.
He is then said to have failed to check Pret's allergen guide, which would have flagged that the item did contain sesame.
The ex Pret A Manger employee is believed to have since left the country in and solicitors have not been able to get hold of him since 2019.
The company's lawyer argued that it was the employee who was at fault for not following procedure, rather that the training practices of Pret itself.
A staff member, Roberto Rodriguez, is alleged to have incorrectly informed