PUBLISHED: 10:02, Thu, Oct 15, 2020 | UPDATED: 10:02, Thu, Oct 15, 2020
Neil Jones, 38, who partnered up with his first celebrity contestant Alex Scott on Strictly Come Dancing last year, won't be competing in the competition when the 2020 run launches this weekend, but will still take part in group routines. The BBC dancer opened up about his thoughts on the decision, admitting he still feels "lucky".
It comes after Neil joined former Strictly pro Kevin Clifton on his podcast The Kevin Clifton Show to address his feelings over the situation for the first time.
He began: "You'll get articles where they say, 'Neil's angry he doesn't get a part on Strictly,' or something like this and I'm not angry at all.
"I'm actually feeling kind of lucky to have a job."
Neil went on to tell Kevin, who quit the show earlier this year, that the decision was inevitable with less stars due to a shortened run.
READ MORE: Neil Jones: Strictly pro asks ‘are you trying to get rid of me?’
Neil Jones breaks silence on not having Strictly 2020 partner (Image: PA)
Neil Jones says he's lucky after BBC decided he won't have a contestant (Image: PA)
"Also, you know what? The pros are great," he added.
"If there are not as many celebs, there will be pros without partners."
Neil concluded: "So it's fine. We're part of the show and we're having fun."
"We're missing you," the dancer shared to which Kevin said: "Oh," which was followed by a laugh.