By Craig Hope for MailOnline
Published: 15:30 BST, 10 September 2020 | Updated: 16:05 BST, 10 September 2020
The Premier League have labelled Mike Ashley's claims that they blocked the proposed takeover of Newcastle United as 'incorrect' and say they are still waiting for 'all appropriate information' from the Saudi-led consortium.
The Newcastle owner issued a statement on Wednesday night in which he accused Premier League chief executive Richard Masters of not acting 'appropriately' and said the £300million deal had been formally rejected. He also hinted at taking legal action.
But the League have responded, and said in a statement: 'The Premier League was disappointed and surprised by the Newcastle United